Fungal Nail Infections
Fungal nail infections are caused by dermatophytes (a common fungus) that can leave nails looking unsightly, causing patients a great deal of distress. These can be treated with oral or topical medication by your GP. However, fungal nail infections are traditionally difficult to treat and it can take many months to see any positive results.
Fungal Nail Infections Before and After
At Skyn Doctor, we use our Duetto MT laser machine to treat nail infections effectively, with good outcomes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does treatment work?
- Light is absorbed by the water in the skin underneath and around the nail creating heat. This heat helps to destroy the dermatophytes and eliminate the fungal infection.
- How is treatment carried out?
- The laser is placed on the nail and a short pulse of light is released, the entire nail bed and matrix is then treated in this way.
- Is it painful?
- A degree of heating and some discomfort may be felt during the treatment. At Skyn Doctor we have a special cryo cooling device which makes the treatment more comfortable.
- How many treatments will I require?
- The number of treatments required varied although typically 2-4 treatments or more are needed for optimum results. These should be carried out every 4-6 weeks. Treatments last approximately 30 minutes. Results become apparent as the nail grows out.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.