Laser Hair Removal
Skyn Doctor Huddersfield introduces a revolution in LASER technology, the Lynton Duetto MT, the world’s most advanced aesthetic laser. This innovation in technology is a cut above traditional laser treatments for hair removal; with faster, safer and more clinically effective results.
‘Yorkshire’s only clinic to be offering treatment with Duetto MT, the World’s First Mixed Technology Laser.’
The clinically proven Duetto MT is the World’s First Laser that combines two Gold Standard lasers in one machine for permanent hair reduction on all skin types.
It uses Alexandrite (the best laser for lighter skins) and Nd:YAG laser (the safest laser for darker skins) BUT we can actually mix the two lasers together for even better results. This is the only laser in the world that can operate like this!
The Duetto MT treats;
– All Hair and Skin types
– Facial Hair on Dark Skins
– Fewer Treatment sessions- upto 20% less sessions compared to other lasers
– Faster Treatment times- upto 50% faster compared to other lasers
– Blonde and Red hairs
– Tanned skin
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does Laser Hair Removal work?
- The light from the laser is selectively absorbed by melanin, the pigment in the hair follicle. The light energy heats the pigment and effectively destroys the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding cells.
- How is Laser treatment carried out?
- The laser is placed over the skin and a short pulse of light is released, which targets many follicles simultaneously. The applicator is then moved to the neighbouring area of the skin and the process is repeated until the entire area is treated. During treatment, protective eyewear is provided.
- Is Laser Hair Removal painful?
- Treatment sensation can vary but is often described as "a flick of an elastic band." Typically no anaesthesia is required and most of our clients describe the discomfort as moderate and tolerable. We also have a Cryo cooler which alleviates discomfort during treatment.
- How does Laser Hair Removal compare to IPL?
- You can get poor and good quality IPL systems but as a rule, Alexandrite laser is more efficient than IPL at treating very fine, light coloured hairs. It will achieve a result in typically 5-6 sessions versus 6-10 (or even more) sessions with an IPL. It is not considered safe to use IPL on skin type 6 (very dark skin). Only Nd:YAG laser has FDA approval for this, and it is considered the gold standard laser for hair removal on darker skin types.
- How does it compare to Diode Lasers?
- Diode lasers are effective at treating dark hairs on lighter skins. However, it is widely accepted that alexandrite laser has a more effective result on finer, lighter hairs and Nd:YAG is a safer wavelength to use on very dark skins.
- How does it compare with pain free lasers?
- Pain free lasers generally work by decreasing the energy delivered and passing over the same area many times. This can result in heating of the hair follicle (thermal trauma) leading to hair shedding. It is thought that in order to get permanent hair reduction the follicle needs to reach around 70 degrees Centigrade, which is much more difficult to achieve with a pain free laser. This means that although results seem good at first, the hairs can often return and results are limited on fine fair hairs.
- How many treatments will I require?
- Only hair that is actively growing is affected and thus multiple treatments are needed. Treatment is typically conducted every 4-8 weeks, depending on the area treated, until a satisfactory result is seen. The required number of treatments can vary but as a general rule, 6 or more treatments are needed for optimum results. Each treatment can take as little as 10 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Excess hair can be very distressing to patients and cause embarrassment along with low confidence. At Skyn Doctor in Huddersfield, we are confident that we can offer long term solutions to this problem by using the world’s first mixed technology laser machine yielding better results than ever before. We are able to treat all skin types including tanned skin and can target the fine and fairer hairs which can often be troublesome to treat with other lasers. We firmly believe in only the best for our patients and by using the latest technology we feel confident in achieving superior results.