Pigmented lesions over the skin such as age spots or freckles can be successfully lightened or removed with laser treatments. These are often caused by sun damage and natural ageing of the skin, and become more frequent as you get older.
Superficial Pigments Before and After
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does the treatment work?
- At Skyn Doctor we use our Duetto MT laser machine to treat these spots. Light is released in short pulses that are readily absorbed by the high concentration of melanin found within pigmented lesions. The rapid absorption of light energy heats the melanin and causes destruction of the melanin rich cells.
- How is the treatment carried out?
- The laser applicator is placed on the skin and a short pulse of light is released. The applicator is then moved to the neighbouring area and the process is repeated until the entire area is treated. During treatment protective eye wear will be provided.
- Is it painful?
- Most patients describe a mild discomfort which is very tolerable and no anaesthesia is required. We also have a cry cooler to alleviate any discomfort experienced.
- How many treatments are required?
- The number of treatments will depend on the size and type of pigmented lesion. Typically 1-3 sessions are required at 4-6 week intervals. A typical session takes 10-30 minutes depending on the lesion.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.