Laser treatments can provide a long term solution to facial thread veins and red spots as well as unsightly leg veins in just a few quick and easy treatments. Leg vessels and veins up to 3mm in diameter can be treated successfully at Skyn Doctor with our Duetto MT laser.
Thread veins occur when the vein dilates and becomes larger making them more visible through the skin.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does the treatment work?
- Laser systems emit light which is readily absorbed by blood vessels, heating them to a point where they are destroyed. The Duetto MT laser uses 2 different wavelengths of light sequentially as they work together to get a better results whilst using less energy. This means that treatments with this laser are much safer that traditional laser treatments. Following treatment, the vessels quickly clear as they are reabsorbed by the body, leaving little or no trace of the original lesion.
- How is the treatment carried out?
- The laser applicator is placed over the skin and a short pulse of light is released. The applicator is then moved onto the neighbouring area and the process is repeated until the entire area is treated. During treatment, protective eyewear is provided.
- Is it painful?
- Treatment is mildly uncomfortable but there is no requirement for anaesthesia and the procedure is carried out quickly. Sensations vary but most of our patients describe it as a quick hot pin prick. Most patients tolerate it very well but we also have a cryo cooler to alleviate the sensation.
- How many treatments will I require?
- Typically 3 to 5 treatments are needed for optimum results, though small lesions may clear following a single session. Repeat treatments are carried out every 4 to 6 weeks. Treatments can take from 15-45 minutes depending on the type and size of lesion.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs