Anti-wrinkle Injections (Botox Injections)
Botox is the commonly used brand name for Botulinum toxin, an anti-wrinkle injection. It is a naturally produced protein that is isolated from the bacteria Clostridium Botulinum and injected in micro amounts into the small muscles of the face to relax and smooth out wrinkles.
Botox is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment worldwide and millions of people have benefitted from this treatment to restore a more youthful and natural appearance.
At Skyn Doctor in Huddersfield, our doctors firmly believe less is more and our aim is to subtly provide a refreshed and rejuvenated complexion rather than the traditional ‘frozen’ look.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does Botox work?
- Botox injections work by blocking the signals from the nerve endings to the tiny muscles of facial expression and prevents them contracting. This leaves the overlying skin looking smooth and wrinkle-free. Importantly, the facial muscles function as normal.
- How is the treatment carried out?
- The treatment involves a doctor injecting small amounts of Botox into carefully selected muscles of the face, which are more prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
- What areas can be treated?
The most commonly treated areas include;
• Frown lines in between the eyebrows
• Laughter lines, also known as ‘Crows feet’
• Horizontal forehead lines
From our experience, these areas yield the best results. Botox can also be used to treat other areas of the face. Our doctor will advise you further.
- Are there any side effects to Botox? Is Botox Painful?
- Due to very fine nature of the needles, the procedure is virtually pain-free. Immediately afterwards you may notice some mild redness of the skin but this should subside within 24-48 hours.
- How long before I see results?
- On average it will take 4-14 days to notice results. At Skyn Doctor in Huddersfield we offer a follow-up consultation for all our patients at 2 weeks to ensure desired results have been achieved and if required, additional top-up treatments can be provided. This may incur an additional cost. Typically treatment with Botox will last 3-4 months.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- At Skyn Doctor in Huddersfield, our doctors have extensive experience with Botox injections and will ensure your treatment plan is tailored to your unique needs. We firmly believe less is more and will strive to enhance your existing features to create a natural beautiful look.