Dermal Fillers are made of up of Hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in the skin that gives it volume, shape, hydration and elasticity. As we age, levels of hyaluronic acid decrease and the skin begins to lose its firmness and fullness. Dermal Fillers are a quick and effective way to re-volumise the face and reduce wrinkles, producing a more youthful appearance.
Fillers can also be administered into the lips to enhance the contours and add volume as well as provide definition to the cheeks, chin and nose.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do Dermal Fillers work?
- The fillers provide volume to the skin thus plumping it out and creating a smooth wrinkle free appearance. They also help to fill out moderate to severe folds and lines in the skin that occur with ageing.
- How is the treatment carried out?
- Small quantities of the filler gel are injected superficially using a fine needle into the areas of the face where there are wrinkles and lines. A local anaesthetic cream may be used to help reduce discomfort.
- What areas can be treated?
Fillers are more commonly used in the lower half of the face and common areas include;
• Nasal bridge between the nose and lips
• Nasiolabial folds at the sides of the mouth produced by smiling
• Marionette lines under the mouth
• Border of the lips and into the lips (to enhance, volumise and define)
- Is it painful?
- There may be minimal discomfort experienced, however, this can be eased by the use of anaesthetic which can be present in the filler itself or can be applied topically in some areas.
- How long before I see results?
- Following treatment results are instant and the skin is left looking smoother and younger. Most patients only require 1 treatment and results typically last 9-12 months. At Skyn Doctor in Huddersfield we offer a follow-up consultation for all our patients at 2 weeks to ensure desired results have been achieved and if required, additional top-up treatments can be provided. Top-up treatments may incur additional charges.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our ethos at Skyn Doctor is less is more and we will always strive to ensure your end-result not only looks subtle but compliments your natural features. We will only use the best quality of Dermal Filler that complies with European standard and regulation, and ensure each treatment is suited to your individual need.