Dermaroller helps to rejuvenate the skin leaving it looking healthier and younger. It can be used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and acne scarring.
Dermaroller Before and After
How does the treatment work?
Skyn Doctor uses the award winning Genuine Dermaroller to carry out micro needling of the skin. The dermaroller is used to create thousands of punctures within the skin. These punctures encourage the skin to regenerate and repair itself naturally and safely. This helps with the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, creating plumper and firmer skin whilst also reducing the appearance of acne scars.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How is the treatment carried out?
After the skin is cleaned of make up products and impurities, a topical anaesthetic cream is applied to the skin to help numb it. This is then left on the skin for 30 minutes and makes the procedure more comfortable. The dermaroller is then rolled onto the skin in 4 different directions. After the procedure is completed an aftercare cream is applied and massaged into the skin. A mask is then applied which helps to soothe the skin. Finally an SPF cream is applied to the skin and it is advised that the SPF cream is applied every day for 2 weeks following the procedure.
• Acne scarring and atrophic scars
• Facial and décolleté lines and wrinkles
• Sun damaged and ageing skin
• Stretch marks
- Is it painful?
- With the application of the anaesthetic cream the procedure is quite comfortable. Post treatment the skin may be red – this should settle over the next 24-48 hours and thus we recommend treatment is NOT carried out the day before a special occasion.
- How many treatments will I require?
- The optimum effects of the treatment are usually seen at 4 weeks post treatments. For best results we recommend a course of 3 treatments 6 week apart for skin rejuvenation and a course of 5 treatments for acne and stretch marks.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.