The eyes are undoubtedly the most important feature of the face and have often been labelled as the “window to the soul”. The area between the lower eyelid and upper cheek is referred to as the tear-trough. Unfortunately, due to a combination of bad genes and lifestyle choices, one can develop heavy bags in this area as we get older. That in combination with fine lines and wrinkles can lead to a tired and ageing appearance.
Treating the area beneath the eye requires an advanced application of skills. Although many practitioners will concentrate on treating the laughter lines on the corner of the eyes with Botox injections, very few have the skill to target the area under the eye.
At Skyn Doctor, our highly skilled aesthetic doctors use advanced dermal fillers to raise the sunken appearance beneath the eye to the level of the surrounding tissue. This has the effect of not only treating the dark bags under the eyes but also makes the skin appear smoother.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do Dermal Fillers treat Tear Troughs?
- Our doctors will use premium dermal filler containing a natural hyaluronic acid gel to treat the hollow beneath the eye that is responsible for the tear trough. This will lead to reduction in dark shadows in the area and also smooth out any depressions.
- How is tear trough treatment carried out?
- A topical numbing cream will first be applied to the area under the eyes being treated to help reduce any discomfort. The doctor will then proceed to inject the dermal filler along the tear trough using a ultra-fine needle to help achieve the desired effect. The whole procedure takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Are there any side effects with tear trough treatment?
- The most common side effects experienced are swelling and bruising, which usually subside with time. Please note the administration of lip filler by a ill-trained individual may leads to uneven bumps and an unsightly appearance.
- How long before I see results?
- Results are immediate although optimal results are seen when the swelling subsides, usually within 48 hours. The treatment can typically last 18-24 months.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.