Light therapy is used to rejuvenate, revitalise and repair the skin. LED Phototherapy can be used for specific conditions such as eczema and rosacea with good effect.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does the treatment work?
- At Skyn Doctor we use the Dermalux LED phototherapy system. This system provides a non invasive treatment which uses light energy to trigger natural processes within the skin, accelerating rejuvenation and repair of the skin. The Dermalux Triwave delivers three specific wavelengths of light – Red 633nm, Near Infra-Red 830nm and Blue 415nm via optimised light emitting diode technology. These specific wavelengths target the skin at different levels promoting cellular regeneration and all 3 wavelengths can be used together. The treatment can be used in combination with other treatments to enhance results or post treatments to help minimise trauma and calm redness and irritation. It can be used to treat eczema, psoriasis, acne and also helps with skin rejuvenation.
- How is the treatment carried out?
The skin needs to be makeup free and cleaned prior to the treatment. The light emitting head is placed in close proximity over the area to be treated. The session usually lasts 20-30 minutes.
• Skin rejuvenation
• Reducing redness and inflammation
- Is it painful?
- Dermalux LED is a pain-free and relaxing treatment that promotes a genuine feeling of wellbeing.
- How many treatments will I require?
- For optimum results we recommend treatments 1-3 times a week as an initial course and then monthly treatments thereafter. Results can be seen after the first treatment as the skin instantly looks brighter.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.