Non-surgical Lip Enhancement is one of the most popular treatments at Skyn Doctor. Using their experience and high level of skill, our doctors can volumise your lips using premium filler to create a natural and symmetrical look that is in keeping with the principles of the golden ratio of the upper and lower lip.
Some of us are born with little volume in the lips whilst others will lose volume and definition with the ageing process. At Skyn Doctor we understand how the shape and volume of lips can impact upon self-confidence, especially when trying to create that perfect pout!
We can help with:
• Thin Lip volume
• Poorly defined Lip shape
• A lack of definition to the outside of the lip (known as Vermilian border)
• Treating lines and creases around the mouth area (“smoker’s lines”)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does Lip Enhancement with Dermal Filler work?
- Our doctors will first carry out a detailed assessment of your lips proportion in relation to the rest of your face. This is important to ensure the golden ratio of lip proportions are adhered to and a natural, volumised look is achieved. Dermal Lip filler, a naturally occurring hyaluronic acid gel, will then be injected to improve definition and volume. Skyn Doctor's premium filler of choice is Juvederm, a market-leader which contains built-in anaesthetic.
- How is Lip Enhancement carried out?
- Prior to starting the treatment, a numbing topical cream will be applied to your lips to help reduce any discomfort. The doctor will then proceed to inject the dermal filler into the lips using a ultra-fine needle to help achieve the desired effect. The whole procedure takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Are there any side effects with Lip Filler treatment?
- The most common side effects experienced are swelling and bruising, which usually subside with time. Please note the administration of lip filler by a ill-trained individual may leads to uneven bumps and an unsightly appearance.
- How long before I see results?
- One of the benefits of lip filler treatment is the results are immediate and can last from 6-18 months depending on the type of filler used.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.