Stretch marks are a common issue faced by both men and women. They appear after rapid weight loss /gain and women may experience stretch marks after pregnancy. Stretch marks result from rapid stretching of the skin that lead to a series of small tears in the middle layer of the skin, known as the dermis. This shows through the skin’s surface and gives the classic appearance of stretch marks.
Given the tendency to appear in different areas of the body, stretch marks can have a detrimental impact upon client’s confidence. Although drinking water and moisturising the skin may help, it will not eliminate the marks completely.
Treatments like “Genuine Dermaroller” are an excellent way to treat stretch marks and helping to revitalise the skin.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do we treat stretch marks?
- Stretch marks are treated using Genuine Dermaroller, a form of collage induction therapy where a series of microneedles will penetrate the skin causing microtrauma. The will help stimulate the skin’s natural healing response, leading to increased collagen production that will repair the stretch tissue marks.
- How is the treatment carried out?
- The skin is initially cleaned and a topical anaesthetic cream is applied to numb the skin. This is left on for 30 minutes and makes the procedure more comfortable. The doctor will then carry out the microneedling treatment. As part of the aftercare package, a soothing cream along with a SPF is provided to ensure the skin is protected over the next few days.
- How many treatment will I required?
- The optimum effects of the treatment are usually seen at 4 weeks post treatments. For best results we recommend a course of 5 treatments for acne and stretch marks.
- Why choose Skyn Doctor?
- Our philosophy at Skyn Doctor is unique. We view ourselves as your long-term partners in improving your skin health and will be by your side to ensure you achieve the desired results. We believe each patient is unique and thus requires a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs.